This article will explain how to archive Mailbox data locally in Outlook for Mac 2016. Outlook 2016 for Mac. To create Archive archive folder choose one or more messages that you would like to archive chose Archive on the ribbon. As soon as you choose Archive, you will get a prompt The 'Archive' folder for 'Microsoft' does not exist to. How to Create Archive in Outlook 2016 & 2011 for Mac with Inbuilt Outlook Mac Archive. To Archive Email in Outlook 2016 & 2011 for Mac, the user has to follow the different steps. When the user archive Mac Outlook data then the file created is known as an OLM file.
Ashwani Tiwari Published: May 20, 2020 MS Outlook
Mac Outlook and Windows Outlook are two widely used email clients running on the different operating systems. Whereas, working with Mac Outlook many users required to convert Mac Outlook Archive to PST. Mac Outlook stores data in OLM file format and Windows Outlook supports PST file format.
The reasons why most of the user want to export Outlook for Mac archive to PST is very simple as Mac Outlook runs on Mac OS which has high maintenance, on the other hand, Windows Outlook requires Windows OS which has a more simple interface as compared to Mac.
Therefore, the conversion of the Mac Outlook archive to PST needs lots of technical skills in case you go with the manual method option. But, on the other hand, we also have the automated tool that will export Outlook for Mac archive to PST it in a proper manner without any technical assistance. So, in this entire write-up, we will go to explain the automated tool both for Windows and Mac that will help you to export Outlook for Mac archive to PST.
Let’s have a look at why we choose the automated tool over the manual method.
Reason to Choose Automated Over Manual Method
Mac Outlook Converter
- Permits to export Mac Outlook to PST in 5+ file formats
- Keep on-disk folder hierarchy
- Export selective data using the date filter option
- Split large PST file into smaller ones
- The standalone application doesn’t need any supportive tool
- Supports all the latest version of Mac OS X
- Grant to export emails along with there attachments
Outlook Mac Exporter
Outlook For Mac Auto Archive
- Permits to Convert Mac Outlook Archive to PST file into multiple file formats
- Preserve original folder structure throughout the process
- The standalone application doesn’t need any supportive software
- Split large PST file into smaller ones to avoid corruption issues
- Selected data items to export Mac Outlook to PST
To check the working of the automated tool read the upcoming section.
Steps for Converting Mac Outlook Archive to PST
- Convert Mac Outlook OLM file into Windows PST
Export Mac Outlook OLM file
- Open Mac Outlook go to the Tools menu then hit the Export button
- Now, in Export to Archive File window, choose data items accordingly
- Browse the destination folder for OLM file then press Save button
- Once the exporting process completed hit the Finish button
The selected data items are successfully exported to the location. Go to the desired location and access the exported OLM file.
Also Read: Complete Guide to Export Outlook for Mac 2011 to Windows Outlook
Convert Mac Outlook OLM file into Windows PST
For this process we have two different tools one for Mac OS X and another for Windows OS X. Choose them according to the need.
Step 1: Mac Archive to PST tool For Mac OS X
- Download Mac Archive to PST tool and install it
- Choose Add file / Add folder option to add the OLM file
- Select the PST file format as Export type
- Browse the destination folder to preserve the converted file
- Hit the Export button to start the conversion process
Navigate to the destination folder to access the Mac Outlook PST archive file.
Step 2: Outlook for Mac Archive tool for Windows OS X
- Download Outlook for Mac Archive tool and launch it
- Click on Add file button to add Mac Outlook file
- Select PST file format from Export type
Outlook For Mac Archiving
- Browse the destination file folder for converted PST file
- Hit the Export button to initiate the conversion process
Once the process is completed navigate to the desired location where you get the Outlook for Mac Archive PST file.
Import PST file into Windows Outlook
Archive Emails In Outlook For Mac
- Open Windows Outlook navigate to File option
- Choose Import/Export option to add PST file
- Select Import from another program of the file that hit the Next button
- Browse the converted PST file from the desired location
- Hit the Finish button to initiate the process
Wait for a while! As the process is completed open Windows Outlook and now you will able to access the data items that you export from Mac Outlook.
The reasons why we don’t explain the manual method are listed below.
Consequences of the Manual Method
As we talk about the manual method one of the major limitations is they are required to perform in series and very long or you maybe require the need for technical assistance because if one steps are missed somehow, then the whole process gets messy. Some more drawbacks of manual methods are listed below:
- Need technical assistance for execution
- Time-consuming and longer to perform
- May require additional settings
- Size issues and security
- Doesn’t maintain the data accuracy
To overcome the limitation of the manual method that’s why we explain only the automated tool in this article.
Also Read: Export Mac Outlook 2016 Mailbox To PST
The Last Line
Hopefully, you will know the drawbacks of the manual method, and by simply following these above steps, one can easily export the Mac Outlook file Archive to PST. Here listed above method will help you to convert the Mac Outlook file archive to PST in a trouble-free manner. These automated tools offer many filers option to export selected file data.