Use the latest version of macOS
The first step is to make sure that you're using the latest version of macOS. Back up your important information and then update the software on your Mac.
Check your sound settings
If you still can't hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer's software, check your sound settings.
Sound Source For Mac
First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports.
Sound Control Mac App
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.
All of your desktop audio (sound from browsers, games, music, etc) will now be routed both to your desired hardware output as well as this virtual iShowU Audio Capture device. Simply select the iShowU Audio Capture as one of your Mic/Aux devices and it'll capture everything you hear on your Mac. Apple's drive to have Apple AR hardware with high quality audio has led to research on how to create full spatial sound without developers having to record with large numbers of microphones.